Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"To be Nice" is overrated it has to stop

Posted by yeru On 7:46 PM

A friend confided in me yesterday that she's already hating the people around her, - that life is slowly and painfully becoming miserable. She can't believe how those whom she consider her friends can become her enemies in so short a span of time and from the charming people that they were, they abruptly became shallow and mean bitches.

And she asked, "Ain't we supposed to be nice?"

And she asked again, "Aren't we told to be good to one another?"

And I asked her back, "who told you exactly that it is a rule to be nice?"

And I followed up, "when was being nice a requirement for everyone?"

And I ranted that being nice doesn't guarantee that one would gain the best people and make them one's friends. I told her, often, being nice would only get her in more trouble.

We ended our conversation without settling anything. She still believes that despite people's meanness to her, she owes it to herself to remain in character. I believe that niceness should only be applied to people who deserve it.

The truth is, I applaude her martyrdom. Good job, blah blah blah. But I know she would remain miserable all her life because she thinks the happiness of people around her lies in her being nice. Not good!

Nice is overrated.

"People should be cruel in order to be kind." Such was our motto in college and I forgot about it until now. Until I was humiliated and degraded by a person whom I originally thought was nice. Until I was pushed into the corner by a person who says one thing and mean the other. Until I was boxed out by a bitch whom I originally thought was smart but I've proven to be an egomaniac and stupid (nasty combination by the way!).

So "nice" is going out of the window.

If my friend would want to become the forever Good Samaritan that she is, fine. For me, there is a point where everything ends. And I already reached that point.

So bring it on! You've seen nothing of me yet!

0 comments

Post a Comment