Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

Posted by yeru On 6:50 PM

A lot of travel enthusiasts predicted that this year (even the years that follow) people would focus their travel on what they have on their bucket list.

For those living under the rock, a bucket list is a list of goals, dreams and life experiences that one aim to achieve or experience before the light switch off.

I have thousands of things in my bucket list, half of them, almost impossible to accomplish in this lifetime and some of them, I already accomplished.

So aside from winning a buffalo race, to riding a motorbike at an accelerated speed of 90kph, to doing something totally out of character, these are my top ten travel list that I wish to accomplish before I die.


10. Pictorial in Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

What's heaven like? The child in us has once or twice dreamt about floating amongst the clouds. Salar de Uyuni would give you that chance to not only fly but walk on the clouds. Considered the world's largest mirror, it's the closest thing we can get to experience heaven here on earth (putting the technicalities aside that is).





9. Sunset watching in Santorini, Greece

I first heard of Greece when I was nine. I remembered Zeus, the Acropolis, Parthenon and Hercules. Ever since then, I dreamt about walking with the gods but as I grow older and realize that they were just myths, all that is left is the yearning to see the beauty that inspired a lot of the stories that I still love at present.




Santorini is perhaps my hometown in a past life. White-washed wall adorned by blue paints made soft by the pale yellow setting sun ---now, that's a sight to behold!




8. Win the Cheese-Rolling Contest, England

I like this because first, it's crazy and second, it looks fun. Running after an eight-pound cheese down a steep hill may in fact cause injuries like broken bones or your spine even. But to get that cheese, and a chance to beat some Brits in the process - it's gonna be awesome!






7. Camp for a night in Tubbataha, Philippines



For those who haven't heard of Tubbataha, it is a protective sanctuary and a haven for animals, fish and anything else that lives on the sea guarded by armed rangers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's the Philippine's version of Galapagos Island.



My father's friend used to be one of the rangers that guard the place and he said that to see giant sea turtles lay eggs and watch the hatchlings squirm their way back to the sea is an experience of a lifetime. The fact that it's a forbidden sanctuary makes it more enticing.







6. Read a book under a sakura tree, Japan



Other's call it the cherry blossom but I prefer sakura. It sounds nicer. To lay down in a park eating a sandwich and talking to a real geisha is indeed a real treat. I really have to relearn my Japanese.







5. Join a food fight, Spain



Perhaps one of the biggest food fights in the world, the Tomatina Festival would give anyone a chance to waste their food and not feel guilty about it. Celebrated in my second favorite month, August, to get covered and swim on tomato sauce is already spine-tingling. Yay!








4. Harvest Rice, Banaue Rice Terrace, Philippines



Okay, forgive me for this yearning. My grandparents were rice farmers. I was raised on a farm. I love the smell of a new mown-hay (and yes, I like the song, too) especially in the morning with a cup of coffee in one hand and a rice cake in another.



Harvesting rice in one of the best rice terraces in the world - not everyone will ever experience that. It would require dedication and time and perhaps, when I grow old, time is all I will have.










3. Relive the Inca's way, Machu Picchu, Peru



'Nuff said.






2. Teach children while backpacking in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand




The Garden of Buddhas in Laos, the Angkor Wat of Cambodia, the Halong Bay of Vietnam, and the beaches of Thailand - call me crazy but who wouldn't want that?




But aside from seeing the places, poverty is horrible in these places. To teach kids something as simple as ABC would definitely be life-changing.











1. Remarry at 60.



If I'm still alive when I'm sixty, I'd like to remarry that one person who inspires me to become a better human being.



This might be terrible for some of you to read but I came from a family that divorce or separation is never ever talked about and will never ever be allowed. So call me a hopeless romantic or any other names you can think of but I think when all is said and done, our journey will never ever be complete if we never learn to love.



(Sorry about the redundancies of never. Hahaha)











Note: The photos used in this post are not mine. No copyright infringement intended.

0 comments

Post a Comment