Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Writer I Want to Become

Posted by yeru On 7:49 PM

I'm working as an editor but my true passion is in writing. Writing gives me a sense of fulfillment. To see my article printed gives me a joy that I can't even fully explain but I know other writers would understand.

But to be a writer, one also has to specialize on something. I don't know how or what they call it but if writing is a person, it needs a certain voice - an identity that would stand out amidst other writers' writings.

Osama's death has been making the headlines. Releasing a photo of him dead is so much of an issue that it made the front page.

On a lighter note, Pacquiao will fight Mosley on Sunday (Saturday in the US.) A small story in the Sports Section captures my attention because it's the kind of writing I wanted mine to become.

It's a story lifted by a major newspaper from the Associated Press. It's a four-column yet short article recalling how Pacquiao had become the star that he is today. All other articles in the 20 to 30 spread had been overshadowed by that one article because it captured my heart and it forced its way into me that I can't do anything but like it.

I wanted to do that. Force my way in to people that despite their hate, I can still make them like me (and by ME I mean my writing.) It would be an accomplishment and a true source of joy.

Here's the print screen of the said article.


0 comments

Post a Comment