Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A good deed a day

Posted by yeru On 8:13 PM

There is a saying that goes "no good deed goes unpunished."

Honestly I don't know what it meant and I don't even want to understand what it meant. I lost it at "no."


Most days when Jeri (my colleague at work who's probably one of the best people I've meet - attitude wise) take Edsa, I hitched along and there was this sort of ritual he keeps on doing.


Exiting the 5th floor of the parking area can be very annoying at times especially by 6pm when people are in a hurry. Other drivers would try to take over and even if he was next in the line, he'd keep his cool, let the car pass and then tell himself, "There's my good deed for the day."


At first I found it naive of him but in time, I've come to realize that it makes more sense and it doesn't hurt anyone. It became my inspiration.


Yeah, what if I too, would make sure that I do something good each day? It might not be much but it is something.


It can be as simple as giving my seat to an elderly at the bus, or maybe hold the door for someone while exiting the building or can be as out-of-the-way as helping out in a donation drive for people hurt and victimized by calamity somewhere.


The goal is doing a good deed just for the plain silly reason of doing it. It's not going to make me rich but it sure wouldn't make me miserable as well.


So why not do it for the sake of fun and pure spirit of helping.


I want to make a habit of it. And for habits to form, it takes time. So I’ll take it slow. I’ll do it one day at a time until it becomes natural.


A good deed a day wouldn’t make me a saint but deym, I don’t want to be a saint. But by doing it, hopefully would keep the world in balance. While some people flourish in inflicting pains to others, tormenting the souls of the weak and less able, I do my deed.


Out of the billions of people, there are two of us who would do it every day – one single deed a day. It wouldn’t be enough to keep the karma balanced but it sure will be a difference.


So each day, I'd go my way doing one good deed. The person I'm giving it to may not realize that they just received a favor but let it be that way. Who knows, they will pass the good deed along unconsciously.


And maybe, just maybe… it would inspire others to do the same.


Just like this post for: “Here’s my good deed for the day.”

0 comments

Post a Comment